Friday, February 22, 2008

see ya, suckers!

We're going on VACATION! Ryan and I are boarding the Carnival Conquest (White Stripes playing in my head now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77EMzwScHy0) for 7 days at sea. We're flying to Houston in a couple of hours and then we're driving to Galveston to get on our boat. This will be my first "big boat" cruise and Ryan has been preparing me for the massive, gigantic-ness of this floating city block. I THINK I'm ready, but who knows. I might scream so hard I pass out (that'd be awesome...they'd have to carry me on the boat like a drunk sorority girl.) Speaking of drunk...I have it on good authority that the adults on our trip are smuggling booze on to the boat. Funny me...I was out shopping for a smart walking sandal the other night (big ol' nerd). They were cutting open a box of Diet Coke in order to "hide" things.

This trip was our Christmas gift from Ryan's parents so the whole crew is going (Bev, Wayne, Chad, Bettina, the party team of Lou and Linda, plus several other couples they know from their many vacations to Mexico - seriously, these people are professionals. Drinkers. Professional drinkers.)

Here are some pictures I snapped from the website.



As you can see, we're stopping in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel (where Bev buys her make-up and Vicodin. I'm just kidding. I don't know where she buys her make-up.)

No comments: