Thursday, February 7, 2008

some baby news

Ryan and I went in for an ultrasound this morning, just to see how my ovaries looked. They can determine when I'm going to ovulate based on the size and shape of my ovary (only one of them spits out an egg each month - this time it's going to be the right side). We went in there thinking we'd see the big (20 cm) ovary that was ready to release an egg so we could do our IUI tomorrow. Instead, it was still a little small (only 15 cm) so we have to wait a couple of days. (it's tricky to predict what your body is going to do after a miscarriage. I used to know my cycle really well. Now it's switching things up and keeping me guessing.)

Also, we have a new player in our "trying to get pregnant" game. It's called an HCG shot. On Saturday morning, Ryan is going to stick a needle in my "hip area" (a shot of pregnancy hormone) that is going to make my right ovary spit out that egg it's been making. He's supposed to find a "sort of chunky" spot on my hip - which made me laugh out loud, as I have ample haunches and many chunky spots to pick from. So after he stab me with a needle - which is going to hurt and leave a pink welt - we will go back to the doctor's office on Sunday morning for our IUI.

The good news is, Ryan doesn't have to hit a vein or draw any blood with this needle. The bad news is, it's still a freaking needle.

No comments: