Monday, March 15, 2010

Burned.

Last week, I ordered a crib. It was very exciting. It was officially the very first item I purchased for the baby. Today, I got this email:

---------------

Ashley,

We sent your order over to Oeuf to ship and they just notified us that their Robin cribs were all destroyed in a warehouse fire. The Robin cribs won’t be available anywhere until August. Before you cancel your order with us, please take some time to look at the other options. We are pretty sure no other retailers have the Robin cribs in stock either but verify before you order anywhere. Also, we do have the Oeuf Sparrow, Argington Bam crib, and Argington Sahara as other options.

I know this is very disappointing and I’m sorry for any inconvenience this causes you. We will still honor the Free Crib Mattress with any other crib you choose. Let us know what you’d like to do.

-------

First of all...what?

Second...destroyed? In a warehouse fire? All of the cribs? Is there anything more disturbing than the image of thousands of baby cribs burning in a fire?

Of course there are other cribs. Of course I can find another one that I like. But I'm trying hard to believe this was not an omen - that the VERY FIRST THING I bought for this baby burned up in a fire.

Strangest news ever.

No comments: