Tuesday, June 24, 2008

almost done!

I just bought this chandelier for the master bedroom. (to hang in the huge, vaulted ceiling space currently highlighting a disgusting brass ceiling fan.) It is my final touch on the room I've been making over for the last year. Ryan finished installing some white (gorgeous) library paneling for the lower half of the walls (a project he reluctantly took on because I'm a bit of an architecture whore). He also put in huge crown molding to cover the ugly, navy, floral border up at the top.

The chandelier:


The wall color: (Valspar, of course!)


The headboard: (which I actually made myself, based on this design by Jonathan Adler. My version is dark grey wool suit fabric with black, corduroy buttons to add contrast. I cut it out of mdf using a jig-saw...yes, I did! Then I upholstered it with 2" thick foam, quilt batting, and lots of staples.)


These are the curtains that hang on either side of the bed: (Waverly, found at Target)



I don't have an "AFTER" photo yet, but this is the "BEFORE". I know...the entire house is like this, just SCREAMING for a make-over! Don't worry, house. I'm on it. But I can only do one room at a time.

2 comments:

kay* said...

oooh! sounds like the makings of a great makeover! can't wait to see the 'after' photos!

Neuty said...

Yes, AFTER PHOTOS!!!

We may need you to come to Lawrence and help us out too, fo' real.