Thursday, September 2, 2010

c-section

I got a text at 11:15 pm that she was going in for a c-section.

Unfortunately, that means it's 12:15pm in Georgia, so our baby will not technically have a 90210 birthday. We were sort of hoping we would get to throw a little "Brenda or Brandon" in the name somewhere, but that's okay.

Haven't heard anything since then, but I figure she'll be drugged up and recovering for a while so we may not know anything until we get there tomorrow.

We leave for the airport at 4:15 tomorrow morning, so I should be sleeping, but I can't. I cannot believe this is happening. I haven't called HR at work to arrange for maternity leave. I haven't set up an "out of office" message on my email or phone. I haven't applied for FMLA. I am going to have to call my manager on my way to the airport to tell her what's going on. This is it!  The baby is coming. The baby is probably here right now. Crying.

My baby.  

4 comments:

kerrie said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. (And most awesome that it's not a 090210 baby...that'd just be traumatic to the child later in life...j/k!)

And don't sweat the paperwork stuff, all of that can be retroactive and can be taken care of later.

Most important thing here - baby is healthy. Second most important thing - you guys get there (and back home) safely!

Congratulations to you both! This IS the prize! Yay!
~the Greenies

Megan Stuke said...

I don't know you but have been reading your story all along. I don't even know you, and I'm so happy for you. So happy.

My baby turned 1 this week. It has been by far the best year of my life. There is nothing like seeing their little downy heads and rocking them when they cry and watching every step of their amazing growth.

My husband is adopted, so we have a very special place in our hearts for adoption stories and people who are willing to go through the struggle to adopt babies who need them.

Bless you and your sweet infant.

Jennifer said...

Forgive me for being nosey, but Whitney's post on FB prompted me to read your story and write a note. As a new mom, I get so excited for soemone else who now gets to experience mommyhood! I'm so happy for you and know you will be amazing!

Jennifer Addington - Wendel

Stephanie said...

I'm dying to know what's happening. Hopefully all is well! We've got our fingers crossed over our hearts for you.