Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sunday, November 9

Not the way I'd typically start a family brunch, but Ryan and I went in for an IUI this morning. It just happened to fall on the same weekend as his birthday celebration, so most of our family and friends knew we were going in. We got up at 7:30 and we were back before anybody was really awake. It went really well. We'll find out on Nov. 24th if it worked.

Bev, Wayne, Stu and Roady all stayed the weekend at our house. It was so much fun. Like a whole weekend of Christmas mornings. At 9:30, my mom came over with an arsenal of egg casseroles, coffee, banana bread and sticky buns. It was awesome. We invited my whole family and Ryan's whole family, plus a bunch of Ryan's friends. It was a good way to spend some more time together before I had to take everybody to the airport. Shannon took pictures (which I should mention, she took ALL of the pictures of Saturday night's party as well. It's awesome because she takes awesome pictures, but it sucks because she's never in them. But I swear she was there! Both times!) and the entire family played Wii. It was great. We even convinced Papa to do some bowling! It was like a Wii commercial...every generation was playing the same game.

At 3:30, I drove Stu and Ryan's parents to the airport so Ryan could stay home and play Mario Kart with his buddies. (technically, it was still Ryan's birthday weekend so Ryan was getting whatever Ryan wanted - besides, the Prius wouldn't hold all 5 of us, plus luggage.) I nearly fell asleep on the way home. I had lost my voice and I was hitting a wall. I could tell I was going to crash the minute I got home. I fell asleep in a chair while the guys played Mario Kart and watched the Chiefs lose (again). It was the perfect end to the perfect weekend.










No comments: